_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 17 October 2016

EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE


If there’s one cake recipe to have under your belt, it’s a crowd –pleasing chocolate version what will take you from children’s birthdays to your next dinner party. This chocolate cake recipe is very basic and that to with wheat flour so healthy too.

A simple and easy recipe eggless whole wheat chocolate cake …..yes the cake is made with whole wheat flour. So one can enjoy this cake without any guilt.
I have already made chocolate cake few times before but this is with egg less and my daughter's make so very special. The chocolate cake is soft, spongy , moist and had a lovely texture to it. I am not a trained baker but manage to bake cakes.....thanks to my daughters who loves to try and eat different things. Because of them only I am learning and trying different cakes and all. I used to make cakes with the scratch, I never buy any ready made mixes. This chocolate cake is really really good. One of the best chocolate cake I have made at home. It was better than the chocolate cakes we get outside. I was searching for the simple chocolate cake and google took me here. I wanted this cake to have a very homely look, because I was baking it for my daughter....who is crazy about homemade baked goodies. We just cover it with chocolate ganache and using white melted chocolate she made the design over it.




INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
5 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Sugar
100 gms Butter
Few drops of Vanilla Essence
3 Egg or 1 tin Milkmaid
Chocolate Ganache [as required]
½ Cup Sugar Syrup
Milk [if required]

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
STEP 2 - Mix all the dry ingredients and keep them aside.
STEP 3 – Mix butter and sugar till the mixture becomes creamy.
STEP 4 – To this sugar-butter mixture add eggs/ milkmaid and vanilla essence to it and mix well.
STEP 5 – Add the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture in small batches. Mix it well and fold it.
STEP 6 – Add little milk if the batter is too thick and dry.
STEP 7 – Grease the cake mould and pour the mixture to it.
STEP 8 – Bake the cake in the pre-heated oven for about 35-40 minutes at 175 degree Celsius.
STEP 9 – Rest it in oven for 5 minutes and then take it out of the oven and keep it over the wire rack and cool it completely.
STEP 10 – Make the chocolate ganache.
STEP 10 – Drizzle the sugar syrup over the cake which helps to keep the cake moist.
STEP 11 -  After cooling cake completely pour the chocolate ganache over the cake and spread evenly.
STEP 12 – Decorate the cake as per your liking, chill it and serve it.

Cut the cake into desired sized pieces and serve to your loved ones.
You can enjoy this yummy chocolate cake with vanilla icecream as my family love to have this.

NOTE: In this recipe I had given the eggs option also but I have used milkmaid so mine is without egg cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment