_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 4 December 2017

HOW TO REMOVE THE PULP FROM CUSTARD APPLE

Custard Apple is an amazing fruit with enormous health benefits. I love it but frustrates me because there is much jaw work as it has lots of seeds and the pulp is around the seeds. It has anti cancerous properties, is high in magnesium, good for arthritis and cardio vascular diseases etc. As a kid, I used to love this fruit but eat it as such as fruit. But had no idea about its benefits. My hubby always ask me to make recipes like rabdi and ice cream with it, as Sitaphal Icecream is his most favourite ice cream. I don’t have any clue that how to remove the pulp from it as it its pulp is around lots of seeds, so I avoided lots of times. But this season, I really want to make ice cream and rabdi for him with Custard Apple so I searched for the easy technique to remove the pulp from it. I know the another way using the mixer grinder but there is a possibility of grinding the seeds. So, today I am sharing the easiest way to de-seed the custard apple. There is no recipe in this post, but you can make desserts using the pulp of Custard Apple so that way it is helpful and believe me it’s not that difficult, you can make it easily.

INGREDIENTS:
3-4 Custard Apples
Strainer
A wide Bowl
A Big Spoon

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Break open the custard apples and keep aside.
STEP 2 – Now take a wide bowl, place a fine meshed strainer over it. Scoop out the pulp with seeds with the help of the spoon into a strainer.
STEP 3 – Using a back of the spatula mash the pulp and you can see the pulp gets starts collecting in the bowl below.
STEP 4 – Continue this with the rest of the custard apple. Fine Custard Apple pulp is ready to use or store for further use.
Here you can see the seeds from the Custard Apple.

STEP 5 – You can store it an airtight container and keep in refrigerator and can use it whenever necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment