_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 10 January 2018

LIMBUCHE LONCHE / LEMON PICKLE

Here is one more pickle recipe…sweet and sour lime pickle. Lemon pickle is an accompaniment in Indian meals. This recipe is very easy and quick recipe and require very few ingredients like lemons, red chilli powder, salt and sugar. The lemon pickle has a burst of different flavours and tastes. The tang coming from the lemons, sweetness coming from sugar and the heat and spiciness coming from the red chilli powder.  The best part about this recipe is that it is oil free pickle recipe. This is the best pickle to serve with dal-rice, parantha, roti or as a side dish to  any gravy. This is instant pickle recipe and ready to eat and you can store it in refrigerator for extra shelf life and enjoy whenever you want. Actually my personal favourite lime pickle is that which my mom used to make, but as she is no more now I started preparing pickles on my own. She is very good in making pickles and every summer making pickles is like a yearly ritual for her. Last year I remember, in the same month of December, in last week, she introduced me with her authentic lemon pickle recipe. I tried that recipe as that is my elder daughter’s favourite pickle, but taste is not like her’s. So here is an easy recipe to make lemon pickle in pressure cooker, do try it and let me know about your experience.

INGREDIENTS:
15 Lemon
1/4 Cup or 2-3 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder [adjust accordingly]
2 tablespoon Salt
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Wash the lemons well and let them dry.
Clean them with a clean kitchen towel.
STEP 2 – Cut them in to 8 pieces.
Keep aside.
STEP 3 – In a pressure cooker, add lemon, water and salt and mix it well.
Pressure cook it well for 7-8 whistles. 

STEP 4 – Let it cool for some time.After that remove the lid of the pressure cooker 
 and add red chilli powder and sugar in it and give a nice mix.
STEP 5 – Mix it well and again keep it on a medium flame and cook for 7-8 minutes or

 until the lemons get cooked well or you can feel the mixture get thickened.

STEP 6 – Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
STEP 7 – Transfer it in to a clean glass jar and store on a cool and dry place.

 Lemon pickle is ready.
Serve it with parantha and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment