_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 21 July 2016

YEAST FREE WHOLE WHEAT NAAN



 This is yeast free wheat flour naan recipe, yes you read it correct. You must be wondering but yes here I am sharing the recipe of whole wheat and yeast free naan and which is instant and no need of oven. So many reasons, so I could not stop myself to try this recipe. So many pluses in a single dish. I used 1/2 cup of all purpose flour but you can use fully wheat flour too because I was not sure about the whole outcome. I really love homemade breads and happy to share this third type of flatbread recipe here. They came out so well. All soft, pillowy with a nice smoky aromatic smell. My family just loved this yeast free version of Naan. So this is how I made my first yeast free Naan.


INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ Cup Whole wheat Flour
½ Cup All Purpoae Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 ½ Cup Natural Yogurt [homemade yogurt can be used]
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
Warm water for kneading a dough
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds / Nigella Seeds For topping
1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander
Melted Butter or Clarified Butter to drizzle on top
1 tablespoon Oil

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Sift the flour in a kneading bowl. Add salt, baking soda and baking powder to it. Mix well.
STEP 2 – Form a well in the centre and pour yogurt and oil right into the middle.
STEP 3 – Start mixing together
and then add warm water accordingly to knead a smooth dough. Use more water if needed.
STEP 4 – Once done, then cover it with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
STEP 5 – After 30 minutes your dough is ready to use. Make small equal sized balls from your hands and keep it.
STEP 6 – Take one portion of it and make a patty using your palms.
Dust some wheat flour on the rolling platform.
STEP 7 - Spread some sesame seeds on a rolling board and start rolling with the help of rolling pin. Make it oval shape.
STEP 8 – Spread some chopped coriander over it and place it on the hot tawa.
STEP 9 – Cover it with a lid and bake for 1 minute or until you see bubbles over it.

STEP 10 – Flip it and cook from another side for 1 minute until you see the upper side fully cooked.
STEP 11 – Now remove the tawa and cook it directly on the gas stove. Cook from both sides till dark brown spots appear on it.
STEP 12 – Brush with some butter and serve.
STEP 13 – Repeat the same with the rest of the dough. Once done, place the naan in a tray lined with aluminium foil and serve.

Serve hot with some curry on the side like Paneer Butter Masala, Rajma Masala, Palak Paneer etc.
NOTE: If not using immediately then cover the ready naans with aluminium foil for later use.
              The lid using to cover should fit the pan to cover the flat bread.    

No comments:

Post a Comment