_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 2 September 2016

LEMON RICE



Lemon rice is a delicious south Indian dish which gives a very refreshing and tangy flavour to the rice. This is one of the most commonly made south Indian rice dish. This is very easy and quick recipe. I served lemon rice with mint raita and some papad. Some even like to enjoy this with masala wada, pakora.  Lemon rice and all other mixed rice varieties are my favourite. I can eat without getting tired even everyday for lunch. I get bored just simple and usual cooking daily. Want to experiment my food and innovate new dishes. At my home no one is in favour of rice except me. My daughters not even touch normal steamed rice, khichadi,etc. But now a days develop their taste for biryani, pulao and Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat. I used a bit grated or minced ginger which adds a good aroma to the rice and keeps fresh for hours. I tried this few days before and it turned out superb. Give a try and I hope you like it for sure. If yes then don’t forget to comment in the comment box. Thank you.


INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Rice
1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil [ I don’t have sesame oil, so used peanut oil]
1 Lemon [juicy one]
Salt to taste
For the Seasoning:
2 tabelspoon Oil
1 teaspoon Mustartd Seeds
1 teaspoon Urad dal
1 teaspoon Chana Dal
2 Dry Red Chillies
2-3 Green Chillies
6-7 Cashew nuts
1 tablespoon Peanuts
Asafoetida a pinch
1teaspoon Finely Chopped Ginger
¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 starnd Curry Leaves

 METHOD:
STEP 1 – Wash the rice under running water till water runs clear.
STEP 2 – Soak the rice for ½ an hour.
STEP 3 – Pressure cook the rice in pressure cooker till 2 whistles and not mushy.  completely, remove it from cooker . Cool it and spread it on a plate.
When the pressure get released
STEP 4 - Add oil, lemon juice and salt over it so that the grains will not stick together.
Adjust the salt quantity as per your liking taste.
STEP 4 – Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
STEP 5 – When crackled, add urad dal, chana dal, dry red chillies. .
 Add peanuts, cashew nuts  in it and mix it.

STEP 6 – Then add curry leaves and vertically chopped green chillies. Saute for a minute or two. Lastly add asafoeitida in it.
STEP 7 – Mix it properly, add turmeric powder.
STEP 8 – Add this tempering to the cooked rice and mix well and serve it.

Serve with papad and some raita. 

NOTE: Do not cook after adding the lemon juice.
            If you like you can use olive oil instead of vegetable/ peanut oil.
            Add lemon juice according to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment