_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 21 July 2017

VEGETABLE PASTA IN WHITE SAUCE

 Before some days, I am not a big fan of pastas, but my daughters love pasta. So I tried many pasta recipes and today I must say that I am also loving pasta very much. Since my family like pasta recipe a lot, once in 8-10 days I make pasta for them and this time its white pasta. This recipe is on my to do list from last so many days, so today I tried this white sauce creamy Macaroni Pasta and everyone at my place like it. This is very delicious, filling and very easy to prepare.You can replace the Macaroni pasta with any other pasta as per your liking. White sauce creates a nice aroma of herbs and tastes amazing. Long back, after my schooling, I tried white sauce but it did not come out well so after that I did not want to try it. But I saw a post on FB food group before some days and again tempted to try it. So I searched for a recipe of white sauce on Internet and tried it and it turned out too good, my family loved it. I was also so excited to see the perfect creamy white sauce.  So from now pasta in white sauce  and veggies is also my kids favorite.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Shell Pasta/ Macaroni
1 1/2 cup Chopped Button Mushroom (You can minimise the quantity)
1 small Carrot cut in juliens
1/2 cup Corn Kernel
1 Onion, sliced thinly
1 cup Bell Pepper, chopped (All coloured)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, chopped finely/paste
2 cups Whole Full Fat Milk
2 1/2 tablespoon All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
Salt as needed
2-3 tablespoon Butter
2-3 tablespoon Grated Cheese (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
2 teaspoon Olive Oil
Water to boil pasta

METHOD:
STEP 1 - First boil water in a pan and add salt and 1 teaspoon oil in it.
Boil the pasta in it till cooked completely.
STEP 2 - Boil water in another small pan and add carrot julienes and corn in it and boil for about 5-10 minutes or till get cooked.
STEP 3 - Strain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Drain and add 1 teaspoon oil on it. Mix it well and keep aside. Oil helps to keep the pasta separate.
STEP 4 - In a non-stick pan, melt butter, add the onion and garlic and saute well till the onion are softened and get cooked.
STEP 5 - Then add mushrooms, stir and saute on high flame till mushroom are lightly browned.
STEP 6 - The mushrooms will release their juices initially and after continuous sauteing, the juices will evaporate. There should be no moisture in pan.
STEP 7 - Keep stirring, then add chopped bell peppers and saute well and cook for about 10 minutes.
STEP 8 - Add all purpose flour and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add boiled vegetables in it and mix well and saute for a minute.
STEP 9 - Now pour milk in a gentle stream to the pan and keep on stirring. The flour get combined with the milk and you will see the sauce getting thickened slowly.
STEP 10 - Add oregano, chilli flakes, black pepper powder and salt as per your liking and mix well.
STEP 11 - Add black pepper powder and salt as per need n check the seasoning.
STEP 12 - Add the boiled pasta, when you feel the sauce get thickened as per your liking consistency.
STEP 13 - If sauce is too thick or lumpy, add some hot water or milk and thin the sauce.
STEP 14 - Lastly add some grated cheese if required.
STEP 14 - Serve the vegetable pasta in white sauce hot with some toasted bread or baguette


No comments:

Post a Comment