_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Saturday 26 March 2016

MINTY CHICKEN DRY



A North Indian favourite, with the freshness of green herbs like mint, coriander and curry leaves. Every time when I cook chicken, my younger daughter used to tell me, try something new. So I tried this chicken fry recipe with mint leaves. I came to know this recipe before some days when we brought chicken from restaurant. I don’t know the exact recipe but from the taste and flavours I guessed the ingredients and made this minty chicken. I am happy to tell you all it was so tasty. The taste and aroma that I enjoyed is still in my mind. Mint leaves are very good for health and I used two-three sprigs of curry leaves to make it more healthy. So I want to made it and sharing with all my friends.
      So here is the recipe of minty chicken, hope you love this recipe.




 INGREDIENTS:

 5oo gms Chicken


For Marination:


1 Cup Curd [yogurt]

1 Cup Mint Leaves

1 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves

2-3 Sprigs of Curry Leaves [optional]

2 Green Chillies [ As per your taste ]

5-6 Garlic Cloves

A piece of Ginger

1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice

Salt as per taste

1 ½ Teaspoon Chaat Masala

1-2 Tablespoon Oil



METHOD:


STEP 1 – First wash the chicken pieces. Coat them with a little lemon juice and salt. Keep for 15-20 minutes.



For Marination:


STEP 1 – In a mixer pot, take all the ingredients and grind it and make a paste.


STEP 2 – Marinate the chicken pieces well with this mint-curd paste.

STEP 3 – Keep the chicken pieces in refrigerator for minimum 2 hours. [ Overnight marination gives the best result ]

STEP 4 – Heat oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken pieces in it.

STEP 5 –Transfer the chicken pieces in another pan and cook chicken for 15 minutes on a slow flame.You can directly cook in a pan . No need to add oil in the pan.

STEP 6 – Remove the lid and cook till mint gravy binds with the chicken well.

STEP 7 – Remove from the heat and serve.




                              Serve this minty chicken with hot rice or chapatti. If you like the recipe please don’t forget to comment.
   

           NOTE: I want to make the recipe fast so I first grilled the pieces and then put in the pan covered       without oil and cooked again.

4 comments:

  1. Marinate chicken can directly covered by lid n cooked with some oil or deep-fry...please reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to deep fry ...just roast it with 2 tbsp oil or u can cook it without oil too....When it is covered n cooked it releases juices which helps the pieces to cook.

      Delete
    2. Use non-stick pan preferably coz there is no tension to stick it to the bottom

      Delete
    3. Sorry for late reply....thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete