_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 23 March 2016

CHOCOLATE GUJJIA / CHOCOLATE STUFFED DUMPLINGS

A dash of chocolate this holi for all those chocolate lovers. This is commonly known as Karanjee in Maharashtra. It is popular in North India , especially in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh. Gujjia is simple stuffed dumplings but in my recipe I had given a twist and stuffed them with a chocolate stuffing. They are made with maida, dry fruits, desiccated coconut, sugar and drinking chocolate. Chocolate gujjia is a modern version of popular sweet dish gujjia. Chocolate gujjia recipe is nothing but a fusion version of traditional gujjia besacuse in my family everyone loves chocolate. So I tried this for specially my loved ones. I hope you will like this twist in traditional taste and chocolate gujjia recipe will help you to amaze your guests at festive season. This can be made deep fried or you may bake them. Here I am shared my deep fried version but I am sharing how to bake them. I made this specially for holi but why to wait for next holi to turn out those gujjias packed with natural goodness and dry fruits with mawa and with chocolate. So get start for chocolate gujjia .



INGREDIENTS:



For Dough:

2 cups Refined Flour [ Maida ]

8 tbsp Ghee

Salt to taste



For Filling:

300 gms Khoya

6 tbsp Desiccated Coconut

20 Cashewnuts [chopped]

20 Almonds [chopped ]

40 Raisins

½ tsp Cardamom Powder

200 gms Powdered sugar

1 cup Drinking Chocolate Powder

4 tbsp Chocolate Syrup

Oil for frying

1 cup Sugar Syrup




METHOD:


STEP 1 – Make a dough with maida, ghee, salt and water. Keep it aside by covering with a damp cloth.


STEP 2 -  Roast the khoya in a non –stick pan till it changes its colour. Remove from stove .Let it cool.


STEP 3 -  Add desiccated coconut, almonds, cashewnuts, raisins and cardamom powder to the roasted khoya. Mix it well.


STEP 4 – Now add powdered sugar, chocolate syrup and chocolate powder to khoya mixture and mix well.


STEP 5 - Divide the dough into small balls and then roll it with the help of a rolling pin.

STEP 6 – Place the 1 tbsp khoya mix in the center of the rolled dough and then fold in the manner shown below by applying water.


STEP 7 -  Repeat the same steps with all the pieces of the dough.


STEP 8 – Fry these gujjias in oil till they become golden brown and then soak the excess oil with a tissue paper .


STEP 9 – Dip the gujjias in sugar syrup and serve these lovely gujjias….
              


                                      Enjoy and share your comments….





NOTE:1.I made both plain and chocolaty cover for the gujjias. For making chocolate cover just add cocoa powder to the dough along with other ingredients and make a dough .
           2.  For a healthy version by placing them on a greased baking tray. Brush them with a little clarified butter and bake them in oven . The temperature should be 180 degrees and bake them for 20-25 minutes and enjoy the baked gujjias .  

No comments:

Post a Comment