_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Saturday 26 March 2016

CORN-SPINACH PATTIES








Corn and spinach patties are amazing snack that tastes extremely tasty. This is an excellent recipe and easy too. Here I used sweet corn karnels, spinach paste and boiled potato with some spices. These patties of mine are inspired by the maka-palak patty used in Goli vada pav which is my daughters favourite one. I served this with the South Indian style onion-tomato chutney. I always experiment the new recipes and happy to share with you all that they all turned too good. Even, I cannot believe that it is homemade.  You may use these patties for any type of parties. They also go well in the kids tiffin box.




INGREDIENTS:


1 Cup Corn [peeled and blanched ]

2 Cups Spinach [blanched]

2 Potatoes

1 Onion

Chopped Coriander

1 Teaspoon Garlic –Ginger Paste

Green Chillies / Red Chilly Powder

Salt as per taste

Bread Crumbs [for coating the patties]

Oil [for shallow frying]



METHOD:


STEP 1 – Boil the corn kernels in water with salt and pinchful of turmeric . Drain the water and make a rough paste of half of the kernels and keep half the kernels as it is.


STEP 2 – Blanch the spinach for 5 minutes and drain water from it. Make the paste with it.



STEP 3 – Boil and peel off the potatoes and mash them.

STEP 4 – Now mix all the ingredients potato, spinach ,corn and other spices and make a dough.


STEP 5 – Divide the dough in equal portions and make small patties using wet palms.

 STEP 6 – Cover them with bread crumbs.

STEP7 – Shallow fry the patties on a non-stick pan with oil and serve them hot .



Serve the hot corn-spinach patties with green chutney/ mint chutney/tomato sauce . I served them with South Indian style onion-tomato chutney.


NOTE: You can find the onion-tomato chutney recipe in the chutney and salad section.


If you like the recipe do try it and share your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment