_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 16 September 2019

NIMBU KE CHILKE KA ACHAR/ LEMON SKIN PICKLE

In India, we make a huge variety pickles from both fruit and vegetables, seasonal and year round. Mango, lemon and chilli pickle are my favourite and they have a long shelf life, so they are made in large quantities. Store brought achar has preservatives and is high in salt compared to homemade ones. Most of us throw away the lemon peels after extracting the juice. Today I am sharing an interesting recipe of pickle with the lemon peels/ skin. Last week my bhabhi sent me about 20-25 lemons.  Squeezed those lemons, kept the juice aside and made this pickle with the peels which is normally throw away. Actually this recipe is shared by one of my friend. I love to eat and make pickles. I learnt some recipes from my mom, which I have already shared on my blog. It is so yummy, let’s see how it is made.

INGREDIENTS:
3 Cups Lemon Peel [about 15-20 lemon]
Salt as needed
7-8 Lemon Juice
3-4 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
4-5 tablespoon Sugar [adjust according to your taste]
2 teaspoon roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
METHOD:
STEP 1 – Reserve the lemon skin after you squeeze the juice from them. Now remove the seeds from the peels. If you want you can cut them in small and thin pieces.

STEP 2 – Put the peels in pressure cooker and add salt. Mix it well and close the lid.

STEP 3 – Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let it cool completely.

STEP 4 – Now add lemon juice from 7-8 lemons, red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, pepper powder, some more salt, sugar and mix well.

STEP 5 – Cook more till all the moisture of sugar evaporated.

STEP 6 – Cool it completely and then store in an air tight container. Pickle is ready to serve the next day.

Lemon pickle is ready to be relished, but it tastes best the next day. Store and enjoy it with paratha or your meal.

NOTES: *Chilli powder and sugar depends on your taste.
                   *Always use a clean and dry spoon, bowl when handling the pickle.


No comments:

Post a Comment