_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Sunday 31 January 2016

CARROT CURRY / GAJARACHI BHAJI

This recipe is inspired from my younger sister. I liked it very much so i tried it. Carrots are used a lot in salads, rice and deserts like Gajar Ka Halwa and Carrot Kheer. But this is basically again one of my recipes in which I added few species which are not regularly used while making curries.



INGREDIENTS :

2-3 Carrots [gajar]
1 tablespoon SesameSeeds [til ] 

Few Rock /stone flower [दगडफुल]
1 tablespoon Niger seeds [कराळे / खुरसणी]
5- 6 Dry red chillies
1 tablespoon Onion -coconut -ginger- garlic paste
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoon Oil

Water as needed


METHOD:

STEP 1 - Take a non stick pan, roast sesame , rock flower ,red chillies and karale separately.

Grind it in mixer and make a fine powder . Keep aside . 

STEP 2 - Chop carrots in small desired sized pieces . 
STEP 3 - Now take a pan ,put it on gas and add oil in it . 

STEP 4 - Then add onion - coconut paste in it [onion ,coconut ,ginger -garlic paste]. For a minute, saute it . 
STEP 5 - Then add the fine powder masala ,salt and
  roast it very well .

STEP 6 - Lastly add carrot pieces ,saute and add water . 

STEP 7 - Boil and cook it for next 10 minutes . Finally add fresh coriander.
              
                     Serve hot with chappati / rice and enjoy .....

NOTE : *The gravy should thick. Cook till the carrots becomes quiet tender .

5 comments:

  1. Please mention the quantity of spices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take equal quantity of Niger Seeds and Sesame seeds n take rock flower as per ur measurment ....

      Delete
    2. All measurments depend upon the desired thickness of gravy. Hope u got it.

      Delete
    3. As I have prepared for 2 ppl, so 1 tbsp of each is sufficient

      Delete