_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 4 February 2016

OATS DAHI VADA



This dish belongs to the Punjabi cuisine .It is a wholesome dish usually made with frying the vadas . But I have prepared it in different way by steaming them. Added oats to make them more healthy. It is a popular lentil dumpling with a creamy topping of yogurt , tamarind chutney and green mint chutney.


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Powdered Oats
1 cup Urad Dal
1 cup Moong Dal
¼ Tsp Baking Powder
Salt to taste


FOR GARNISHING:
¼ Tsp Red Chilly Powder
¼ Tsp Jeera Powder
Coriander
2 Tbsp Nylon Sev

METHOD:
STEP 1 - Soak Urad and Moong Dals with water overnight separately.

STEP 2 - Drain the water from dals.Grind them to fine paste without water.
STEP 3 - Add powdered Oats ,salt and whisk it til light .

STEP 4 - Add baking powder. Mix well , pour in the idli steamer and steam it for 15-20 minutes.
STEP 5 - Soak them in luke warm water till soft and squeeze out water.
STEP 6 - Add salt  and water to low fat curd to get to a thin consistency.
STEP 7 - Place vadas in a plate ,pour curd over it and garnish with red chilly powder, jeera powder ,coriander and nylon sev.
       


            Serve with a little tamarind chutney [optional ].My daughters love them with liquid chocolate syrup . Try them like this chocolate dahi vada.


No comments:

Post a Comment