_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 5 February 2016

POTATO - CORN CUTLETS




Mashed potatoes mixed with red chilly powder, garam masala and other ingredients and rolled into cutlets for deep frying. I have tried this cutlets a few times but never followed proper recipe while making them. But this time I made this which is really awesome. I made them in round flat shape but you can make them in oblong shape or any desired shape with the mould. It consumes less time if made with moulds. And one thing I added boiled corn and green peas to make them more nutritious. You can deep fry or shallow fry them.
 
INGREDIENTS:


For TIKKIES:

Boiled potatoes
Green peas
Sweet corn
Chopped green chillies
Chopped onion
Chopped coriander
Cornflour
Salt
Grated cheese
Maida
Turmeric 

Water
Cornflakes
Oil
 
METHOD :
 
STEP 1 - Boil,peel and mash the potatoes.
STEP 2 - Blanch green peas with salt water.Blanch sweet corn with turmeric and salt in water. Roughly grind the peas in a mixer.
STEP 3 - Add all the ingredients together and add cornflour for binding. Make a dough.
STEP 4 - Make tikkis by applying water on hands.Keep it aside.
STEP 5 - Make a paste of maida and water. Crumble the cornflakes.
STEP 6 - Now dip the tikki in the maida paste and then coat it with cornflakes.Keep it in refrigerator for half an hour and deep fry.With the help of tissues remove the excess oil....
              
                Serve hot with mayo or tomato sauce or green chutney....!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment