_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 27 February 2018

THANDAI MASALA POWDER

Thandai is one of the drinks made for Holi Festival in India, which is served to the guests and their families on Holi. It is very popular drink in North India made with a combination of nuts and spices, very refreshing and a great body cooler. I want to make it at home from last so many days but somehow it got missed and I used store brought one, but finally I tried it at home, the flavour is so awesome. Thandai can be used as a refreshing summer drink. Its really easy to make and you can store it in an air tight container. 
INGREDIENTS:
20-25 Almonds / Badam [1/2 cup]
20-25 Cashews / Kaju [1/2 cup]
25-30 Peppercorns / Kali Meeri
2 tablespoon Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus
20-25 Green Cardamom / IIaychi
2 tablespoon Fennel Seeds / Saunf
2 tablespoon Melon Seeds
15-20 Saffron Strands / Kesar
2 tablespoon Rose Petals
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder / Jaifal
METHOD:
STEP 1 – Add peppercorns, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, melon seeds, green cardamom and dry rose petals in a mixer jar and blend it.
STEP 2 – Then add other ingredients in it and grind to a smooth fine powder.
STEP 3 – Remove and store it in an air tight container for up to weak.





No comments:

Post a Comment