_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 4 July 2018

TANDALACHI BHAKRI

This post is very dear to me as I love both the items on my plate…..Pithale and Bhakri and secondly my younger daughter loves this a lot and enjoys this. I specially learnt to make this for her. Rice flour bhakri is slightly difficult when you make it for the first time.  But once you have mastered how to make it then it becomes simple. Now I like this more than whole wheat chapttis but yes I don’t make it as frequently as I make chapattis. When I tried this for the first time I was totally exhausted and I thought I will not be making this in future. But finally I am mastered in making rice bhakri and now I am more confident about making them. Try the measures mentioned in the recipe and make bhakris and I hope it will definitely help you. You will see that it”s not that difficult and you can at least make it once a week.


INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup rice Flour
Salt as needed
1 Cup Water
1 teaspoon Oil
METHOD:
STEP 1 – Firstly, add water, salt and oil to a vessel and heat it.

STEP 2 – When the water starts to boil, add rice flour in it and give a nice mix.

STEP 3 – Swtich off the heat and cover it with lid and keep it aside for about 4-5 minutes.

STEP 4 – Once the mixture is cooled, remove it in a plate or mixing bowl, knead it into a dough.

STEP 5 – Use little lukewarm water to make a soft dough.
Once the dough is ready, divide the dough into small portions.

STEP 6 – Heat a griddle on medium heat.
STEP 7 – Take a small portion, dust the kitchen platform with some rice flour.

STEP 8 – Roll the dough into a thin chapatti / disc of about 6-7 “ diameter.

STEP 9 – Place it on the griddle carefully.
STEP 10 – Sprinkle some water on the upper side of bhakri.

This helps to remain the bhakri soft.
STEP 11 – When it is cooked from one side, flip it with the help of flat spoon and cook from the other side.



STEP 12 – Then flip it on the flame and cook /roast well from both the sides. Bhakri is ready to serve.
Serve it with any Maharashtrian gravy/ dal/ pithla and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment