_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 27 September 2018

AAM KA JALJEERA


Jal Jeera is an Indain drink made with mint, coriander leaves, lemon and tamarind as main ingredients, along with some spices. Today I prepared it with raw mango and it came out so delicious. Tamarind is replaced by raw mango here in my recipe. It was very appetizing, aids in digestion as well. This is one drink that will shake you awake even when you are dog tried on a hot summer day…..!!! So what are you waiting for, mangoes are in season so just make it whenever you feel like. This is totally refreshing when served chilled. 
INGREDIENTS:

½ Raw Mango

10-15 Mint Leaves

Few Coriander stalks

1 Small Green Chilli

½ teaspoon roasted Cumin Seed Powder

1/8 teaspoon Black Salt

1 tablespoon Sugar

4 Cups Water

METHOD:

STEP 1 – Steam the mango in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Once steam released open the cooker.

STEP 2 – Let it cool and scoop out the pulp.

STEP 3 – Then add the pulp, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli, cumin powder, black salt, sugar and water in mixer pot and blend well.

STEP 4 – Drain the juice with a strainer and discard the pulp.
Refrigerate it for 1 hour.

STEP 5 – Add some more ice cubes and serve. [see notes]


NOTES: Consume the same day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment