_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 22 June 2016

COCONUT CREAM ROLLS



Before we jump into our dessert let me share something with you. Actually this  is my sister-in-law’s recipe and I am very happy and thankful to her for this easy and quick dessert recipe. I kept it simple but you can flavour it with chocolate, butterscotch or your liking flavours too. I tried it first at my mom’s place and that time we made it for midnight hunger.
                                                             [this is my sister-in-law's make]
So I was not able to catch the procedure pics but for second time I tried it myself in my kitchen and now here is the step by step recipe with pictures.  I was so impressed that I made it perfect and people appreciated it. I was surprised to see that a recipe with few simple ingredients can turn into a super soft dessert.  So here I am sharing the easy, quick and off course very yummy dessert recipe of coconut cream rolls.

                                                                       [this one is mine]
 INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup Cream [ malai]

1 Cup Sugar [adjust it accordingly]

Desiccated Coconut as per required [for recipe as well as for rolling the rolls in it]

Few Strands of Saffron soaked in 2 tablespoon of warm milk

 Few Almonds and Pistachios Chopped Finely


METHOD:

STEP 1 – Heat a non-stick pan over a low heat.
Add cream in it and allow it to melt.

STEP 2 – Stir it at short intervals. After the cream melts completely, add sugar in it.


STEP 3 – Mix the sugar totally in the cream.
Here add the soaked saffron to the mixture.

STEP 4 – Then add desiccated coconut in it.
Keep stirring and add the coconut till the mixture gets thickened.
Add that much quantity of coconut that you can manage to roll the mixture.

STEP 5 – Immediately switch off the flame.

STEP 6 – Now take small portion of the mixture
and roll it and try to give the shape with your hands. [shape depends on your choice] Be fast here, you must roll them when it is hot only.

STEP 7 – Then coat the ready rolls in the desiccated coconut .

STEP 8 – Garnish them with chopped almonds and pistachios. Your creamy coconut rolls are ready to serve.


Serve them to your loved ones immediately or keep them in refrigerator for 1-2 hours and then serve. Both the way they taste awesome.


Hope you love the recipe.

NOTE: Don’t overcook the mixture. Manage to roll them when it is hot. Here I have used the cream which was removed from the milk daily. As everyone does it regularly, so it is easily available at home anytime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment