_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 2 June 2016

INSTANT MANGO PICKLE



A delectable mango pickle that is ready within minutes. When mango season is there, instant mango pickle will appear more our kitchen. I have shared one of the recipe of instant mango pickle before.  Hope you like that recipe. Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. So before the mangoes completely disappear from the market, I thought I should make mango pickle and post it also. Actually, happy to share this recipe which is my sister-in-law’s recipe. Now raw mangoes are all around, I was tempted to make a batch of mango pickle.



INGREDIENTS:

1 Raw Mango [Kairi]

1 tablespoon Mustard Powder

1 teaspoon Fennel  Seeds [saunf]

1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder

¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder

Salt as per required

1 tablespoon Oil

½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds

A pinch of Asafoetida


METHOD:

STEP 1 – In a steel plate keep all the ingredients in the sequence I had written in the ingredients, except oil, raw mango and asafoetida.

STEP 2 – Wash and cut the raw mango in small cube sized pieces. Keep it aside.

STEP 3 – Heat oil in a tempering pan till it reaches the smoky point.

 Add mustard seeds and when they crackle immediately add pinchfull of asafoetida.

STEP 4 – Switch off the flame and pour the oil over the rest of ingredients which are kept in a plate.


STEP 5 – Mix it well and then add the masala to the chopped kairi. Mix it well and ready.
Serve it with your meal.



NOTE: Store in a clean jar and keep refrigerated, can be used for 4-5 days. Goes well with dal-chawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment