_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 16 February 2017

KERALA FISH FRY



This is an easy to prepare kerala style fish fry. This goes well with rice and chapatti. Kerala fish fry is quite spicy, like most Kerala non-vegetarian dishes. For an average malayalee, a lunch is not complete without a fish fry or curry. It plays a major role in Kerala cuisine. Fish is a protein food with fewer calories than other meal dishes and it fits perfectly into a healthy diet. Marinate the fish with the spice powders without water. This recipe needs only an hour for marination.  Try this recipe and don’t forget to post the comments below in the comment box. I should admit, even though I am not a big fan of fish, I love fried fish. They are crispy and spicy and tangy and frankly they are not too fishy.  I like it with a squeeze a little lime juice and onion rings. I have shared few recipes of fish fry earlier in my blog.


INGREDIENTS:
10-15 Fish Pieces
2 tablespoon Chilli Powder
1 ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Salt as per needed
1 tablespoon Fennel Powder
½ tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
½ tablespoon Lime Juice
1 -2 Lemon Slice/ Onion Slices
Oil


METHOD:
STEP 1 – Clean the fish pieces with water and salt. Drain water and keep aside.

STEP 2 - In a bowl add all the ingredients except oil and mix well and make a fine mixture.

STEP 3 – Marinate the fish with this mixture
and keep aside for 30 minutes.

STEP 4 – Heat oil in a wide pan and shallow fry the fish pieces.

STEP 5 – Flip the pieces when done from one side and shallow fry from the other side till light brown.

STEP 6 – Like this fry all the pieces and serve hot.

Serve with chapatti, Bhakari or steamed rice garnished with lemon and onion slice.
NOTES: Adjust the spices as per your taste preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment