_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 22 May 2017

BOONDI RAITA

Raita is not only makes the food interesting but it is also good for digestion. boondi raita is one of the most easier and straight raita recipe. Cucumber raita, onion-tomato raita and boondi raita are three of the most sought after raitas in Indian cuisine. I din't have much raita recipes on my blog. But will try to post more recipes of raitas here on my blog. In summers, I make raita almost everyday but it's not possible to click the pictures everyday.

INGREDIENTS:
200 gms Curd
50 gms Boondi
1/2 teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
1 Chopped Green Chilli[optional]
Salt as per taste
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 teaspoon Chopped Coriander

METHOD:
STEP 1 - Whisk the curd in a bowl with a hand whisker.
STEP 2 - Add salt, sugar and roasted cumin powder in it and mix well.
STEP 3 - Add besan ki boondi and chopped coriander and mix and raita is ready.[see notes]
Serve it with any pulao or biryani and enjoy.

NOTES: Boondi can be soaked first in warm water, as a result, they swell a little in size and become soft. Their entire crispiness is lost, they are squeezed of the excess water and then added to the curd.







No comments:

Post a Comment