_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Sunday 25 June 2017

WHOLE WHEAT PRESSURE COOKER CAKE

How to make a cake in  a pressure cooker or how to make cake without oven. I was forced to take my pressure cooker to bake this best-ever-easy whole wheat cake. I never imagined I will post this, this just happened to me due to some unexpected circumstances. I am sure few of my readers like this recipe. Even I am very happy after trying this easy, simple recipe and it was awesome experience. Believe me, it only takes about 35 minutes and you get the same soft and fluffy cake that you can expect from an oven. I can say this as I have experienced it in front of my eyes and now presenting you to believe it. So give it a try and experience it personally. 

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Wheat Flour
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Milk Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Cup Milk
2-3 drops of Vanilla Essence or Other Flavored Essence
1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
½ teaspoon Cake Gel
2 tablespoon Tutty Frutti

METHOD:
STEP 1 - Take butter in a bowl and melt it by double boiling method.
STEP 2 - Take all dry ingredients flour, sugar, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl and mix it well. Sieve with a fine sieve for 3 times.

STEP 3 - Add melted butter, milk, vanilla essence in it and mix it again. Add dry tutti-frutti and add cake gel and give a nice stir. [see notes]

STEP 4 - Grease and dust a mold. Remove the excess flour from the mold.
STEP 5 - Pour the cake mixture in it.

STEP 6 - Put the mold in the cooker with the steel ring at the bottom in the cooker
and close it without gasket and whistle.
STEP 7 - Keep the heat high for 5 minutes and then for 25 minutes on sim.
STEP 8 – Keep in cooker itself for next 5 minutes and cool it.
STEP 9 – Remove from the cooker and unmold the cake. Cake is ready to serve.

Just cut it in to small pieces and serve it with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
NOTES : * Milk should be at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment