_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 18 May 2018

RAW MANGO RICE. MAANGA SADAM

Maanga sadam [raw mango rice], a quick and easy lunchbox recipe. I eagerly wait for this time of the year for the arrival of the lovely mangoes. Mangoes are my absolute favourite. Whether it is juicy fruit or it is the sour raw one. It will definitely be one among the top things I love to eat. I have so many south Indian friends in my FB friend list and I love the way they use raw mangoes for making rice or different pickles. I tried so many south Indian recipes of which this is the one. This Maanga Sadam is very easy and quick to make and tasted fabulous with little bit sweet, tang, spice. I love to try rice dishes on weekends as it’s actually a great relief and don’t want to spend so much time on cooking. There are lots of ways this maanga sadam can be done but recently I found this recipe which suits to my family so tried this one. Hope you all love this and want to give a try. So keep trying and post your suggestions, tips in the comment box below.      


INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ Cup Rice
1 Raw Mango, grated
1-2 Green Chillies, chopped
2 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
1-2 Sprig Curry Leaves
For Tempering:
2-3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
¼ Cup Peanuts
2 tablespoon cashew Nuts
1 tablespoon Urad Dal / White Lentil
2 teaspoon Chana Dal
 2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
½ teaspoon Asafoetida
2-3 Dry Red Chillies
METHOD:
STEP 1 – Wash and soak rice for half an hour. Then cook it with 3 cups of water and salt till rice cooked well. [see notes] Drain the rice on a colander to drain excess water.
STEP 2 – Heat oil in a pan and fry peanuts and cashew nuts in it till golden in colour. Then put them on the cooked rice and keep aside.
STEP 3 – Now add mustard seeds in oil and let them crackle, then add urad dal and chana dal 
with curry leaves, chopped green chillies, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and asafoetida.

STEP 4 – Mix well and then add grated raw mango in it and mix well.
STEP 5 – Cover and cook on low flame till mango slightly soft.
STEP 6 – Now mix the rice in the mango mixture and give a nice stir.
Check salt and if needed add more. Mix well.
STEP 7 – Saute the rice for seconds till everything get mixed well.
STEP 8 – Add some fresh chopped coriander and serve hot.

Your tangy and tasty raw mango rice is ready to serve. Serve it with roasted baby potatoes and enjoy.

NOTES: *You can use the leftover rice for this recipe as I have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment