_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 12 September 2018

SPICY AND CHEESY POHA MODAK

This recipe is one of my favourite and my own innovation. I have tried it during ganapati festival and made Modak for my Ganapati Bappa with this. I was very eager to share this with you all. Other than regular kanda batata poha I never tried something like this. So this time, I wanted to prepare something innovative and different from my usual Indian cusine. Deriving inspiration from various recipes I have seen on the food shows and fb food groups and from Aranchini Balls which I have not tasted yet, I wanted to try to make a croquette out of poha. This turned out just beautiful and delicious. A gorgeous ball which is super spicy on outside and once you bite into the crispy shell, you get to enjoy the mildly flavored soft and cheesy inside. Gooey Mozzarella in the center which is the surprise element in my dish. This recipe is fully with our Indian flavours and spices which we use to make poha but used with a twist. Here I also added grated carrot which enhance its taste and it is healthy too. Here one more innovation I have done that I coated the modak with fine sev which we use for bhel puri or chaats. You can add grated paneer to it which also gives a nice taste. It is great snack recipe and is a great dish for occasions like kitty parties or picnics or birthday parties. So try out this quick and easy to make recipe and surprise your family and friends with a gooey and cheesy treat.

  INGREDIENTS-
1 Cup Poha/ Flattened Rice
1 small Onion, chopped finely
2 Green Chillies, chopped
1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Boiled and mashed Potatoes
1 Carrot ,grated
2 tablespoon chopped Coriander
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon Dry Coriander Powder
1teaspoon Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Amchur Powder
Salt as needed
Cheese cut into small cubes
Other Ingredients-
Maida +Water+Chilly Flakes paste for coating
Fine Sev for coating
Oil for frying
METHOD-
1. Wash n soak poha for 10 min.
2. Then add all ingredients n mix well n make a soft dough. Adjust the spices accordingly.

3. Grease your hands with oil.
4.Take a small portion of dough, give it a cup like shape. Put one cheese cube in it.
5. Close the sides n try to shape it like modak in a greased modak mould.

6. Deep it in maida paste.
7. Coat well with sev and keep aside.
8. Likewise make all the modak with rest of the dough.
9. Heat oil in a wide kadai on low flame.
10. Deep fry the modak till golden brown n crispy from outside.
11. Drain the excess oil on tissue paper.

12. Serve them with tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment