_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 6 January 2020

EGGLESS MAWA CUPCAKES

These eggless mawa cupcakes were rich, soft and moist and really delectable in each bite. Mawa cakes have been a menu staple in Irani cafes at Mumbai and Pune but they are quite easy to make at home too. My daughter is very fond of plain mawa/ khoya so I used to make different snacks using mawa. This time I tried making these decadent mawa cupcakes for my daughter.   The main ingredient is mawa/ khoya. You can make it at home or use store brought mawa for this recipe. Here I added all purpose flour but you can use whole wheat flour or both flours in a 50-50 ratio. Give these cupcakes a try this festival season and I am sure your family and friends would love them. 

INGREDIENTS:
80 gms All Purpose Flour
100 ml Milk
100 gms Condensed Milk
½ Cup Khoya/ Mawa
80 gms Melted Butter
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
50 gms Powder Sugar
½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1 tablespoon slivered Dry Fruits [optional]
METHOD:
STEP 1 – Pre-heat the oven for 10-12 minutes on 170 degree C.
STEP 2 – Grease the cupcake mould/ you can put the cupcake liners or cupcake holders in each cavity and keep aside.
STEP 3 – Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sieve it with a strainer. Keep it aside.
STEP 4 - In another mixing bowl, add in condensed milk and butter and whisk it well.
STEP 5 – Pour in milk and whisk it further.
STEP 6 – Add the flour mixture in milk mixture and whisk it further till smooth batter is obtained.
STEP 7 – Finally add grated/ crumbled khoya in it and mix the mixture using a spatula. Do not over mix the batter. You will get a grainy mixture.
STEP 8 – Add cardamom powder and vanilla extract and give a nice stir.
STEP 9 – Now roll the slivered dry fruits in 1 tablespoon dry flour. Now strain and remove extra flour from it and mix them with the batter. Mix it well. Keep some for putting over on the top of the cupcake.
STEP 10 – Scoop the mixture into cupcake liners, put some reserved nuts in each mould and bake it for 12-15 minutes on 170 degree C in pre-heat oven.
STEP 11 – Rest it in oven for 5 minutes and then remove and ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment