_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 31 May 2017

SCHEZWAN SAUCE

Schezwan sauce is a special spicy sauce used in Schezwan recipes. I love schezwan cooking…people who love spicy foods can never hate those dishes. I am one of the spice freak. I go for anything that is spicy. Whenever I plan to make schezwan rice or any other schezwan based dish, I use the outsourced schezwan sauce. But this time I want to try homemade schezwan sauce. So searched some recipes on google and found this recipe which turn out so yumm and spicy, the way I like. I used mildly hot Indian variety of Kashmiri and Byadagi red chillies for my recipe. They give a good colour, flavour and taste too. Depending upon your taste buds and spice tolerance, you can choose chillies with low heat or medium heat. You can add celery to this sauce. I don’t have it so skipped. Schezwan sauce has bold flavors, especially the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chillies. Learn how to make indo chinese style schezwan sauce at home which is healthy and much better in terms of taste as well.  

INGREDIENTS:
10-12 Dried Red Chillies[kashmiri and byadagi]
2 tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Say Sauce
1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoon Oil
Celery [optional]
METHOD:
STEP 1 - Soak the dried red chillies in warm water for about 30 minutes.
STEP 2 - Now remove the seeds from the chillies with the help of back of knife.

STEP 3 -  Grind to a paste using very little water.
Keep the paste aside.
STEP 4 - In a non-stick pan, heat the oil on a medium heat. Add chopped garlic and ginger ans stir well.
STEP 5 - Now, add the chilli paste and saute until the oil starts oozing out from the mixture.
STEP 6 - Add sugar, salt and black pepper powder into the paste. Be careful while adding salt,

 As we are going to add soy sauce which also has salt. So add accordingly. Mix it well.
STEP 7 - Add soy sauce and vinegar into the sauce.
STEP 8 - Finally, add some water into the mixture so that it attains a consistency of a sauce.
STEP 9 - Check for the seasoning at this stage. Turn off the flame.

STEP 10 -Transfer the sauce to an air-tight container once it is cooled then refrigerate.
Use as per requirement.

NOTE: *This sauce is a blend of many flavours. The dried red chillies and black pepper make the sauce fiery hot whereas the soy sauce and vinegar give the desired sourness.
             *Little sugar is added to balance the spicy flavour. I have used Kashmiri Red Chillies which give the desired colour to the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment