_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 31 May 2017

GREEN CHILLI CHUTNEY

Every home has its small variation but by and large this is the simplest recipe one can make in a hurry and can be stored upto 10 days in the refrigerator. I find this very delicious even with idlis, dosas and specially curd rice. You can add as many green chillies you dare to add and also the garlic cloves.Hirvi mirchicha thecha as it is called in Marathi is a popular spicy green rustic chutney which can be prepared easily on the mortar pestle, as it needs to be coarsely ground. I have used oil generously while frying, else the entire home would be filled with the fiery smell and flavour making everyone sneeze and cough. So do use oil generously so that the chillies are well coated. Here I used vinegar which helps for  good shelf life and a slight tang. If you do not like the smell you can also skip it. 




INGREDIENTS:
250 grams Green Chillies (I had used the hot variety)
8-10 Garlic Cloves
Cumin (jeera)
Generous punch of Turmeric
1 teaspoon Vinegar
Oil as needed

METHOD:
STEP 1 - Wash the chillies with sufficient water.
STEP 2 - Pat dry and give vertical slits in them.
STEP 3 - Fry with little oil until they wilt.To the hot pan add turmeric, garlic and jeera and roast for a minute.
STEP 4 - Cool it completely add salt in it.
STEP 5 - Then add them to a blender and blend coarsely,
STEP 6 - Add vinegar in it and oil and blend well for a while again.
STEP 7 - Your green chilli chutney is ready to serve.

NOTE: *Vinegar is used to give a good shelf life to the chutney and a slight tangy taste.
             *You can skip vinegar if you don't like the smell of vinegar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment