_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 29 September 2017

STUFFED BREAD OMELETTE

Bread Omelette is a common breakfast item in most of the household, still I would like to go with this recipe for those who are new to cooking but don’t know much about it. Egg is one thing which is always available in my fridge. My family love eggs and I like to cook in many ways like french toast, egg paratha, egg curry, egg bhurji or simple boiled eggs.  This is not regular bread and omelette as we are used to. Here I stuffed the sandwiched bread in the omelette itself. Yes you heard it right the bread is inside the omelette is so inviting with its soft texture. Here I sandwiched the bread with some vegetables and then it is to be stuffed in the omelette.  This is very hit at my place, hope you people like the variation. Here I used capsicum and onions for my recipe with some seasonings but you can use other veggies too.  Egg recipes are  quite filling and healthy too. So do try this variation and let me know.


INGREDIENTS:
4 Bread Slice
3 Eggs[see notes]

For Stuffing:
1 Tomato, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1/2 capsicum, chopped finely
1 tablespoon Spring Onion Greens
1 Green Chilli Chopped[optional]
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
1 tablespoon Grated Cheese
1 tablespoon Oil
A pinch of Salt
2 tablespoon Tandoori Mayonnase
Egg Mixture:
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
A pinch of Turmeric Powder
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder[optional]
Salt as needed

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Mix all the under the title stuffing.
Mix well and keep aside.

STEP 2 – Take eggs in a bowl, add salt and whisk them.
Keep aside.
[here you can add a pinch of black pepper powder to your egg mixture’]

STEP 3 – Cut the bread slice into rectangles/ half the way into 2 pieces.[see notes]

STEP 4 – Now take 1 slice of bread, put the stuffing over it and spread evenly.

STEP 5 – Cover it with the second bread. Likewise prepare all the sandwiches. Keep aside. 
 
STEP 6 – Now heat a no-stick pan with 1 teaspoon oil.
Pour some egg mixture over it. Spread it evenly and make a thin omelette.

STEP 7 – Now keep the bread sandwich in the center of the omelette

and start folding the omelette from all sides one by one.

STEP 8 – When folded by all sides press a little with the help of the wooden spatula.

STEP 9 – Now flip the sandwich gently and cook from the other side.

STEP 10 – When cooked from both the sides, remove from the tawa.
Cut it and serve it.

Serve the stuffed omelette hot with any dip of your liking or enjoy it with tomato ketchup.



 NOTES:       * Veggies can be added according to your choice.
                 * Adjust the number of eggs accordingly.
                 * I used whole bread slice to stuff and cut it after cooking. You can do both the ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment