_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 22 September 2017

SWEET MODAK DEEP IN SUGAR SYRUP


Mawa stuffed modak has its own dry fruits stuffing which is melt in mouth. This is not a traditional recipe but my own innovation. I tried so many innovative Modak recipes this year during Ganapati Festival  as Modak are favourite Prasad of Ganapati Bappa and I am so happy that all came out so delicious and awesome. My family and friends get impressed with me.  Stuffed mawa modak are commonly made but here is the twist in my recipe. I fried those modak after stuffing with mawa and dry fruits. Then boiled them for 4-5 minutes in sugar syrup and they came out so well. I didn’t used sugar because I used sweetened mawa which I have prepared at home and afterwards they are soaked in sugar syrup, so no sugar. This recipe is easy but equally delicious sweet and goes well with festival sweetness. So do try this recipe and enjoy.


INGREDIENTS:
200 gms All Purpose Flour / Maida
150 gms Sweetened Mawa [see notes]
Oil for frying
400 gms Sugar [for sugar syrup]
1 tablespoon Mix Chopped Nuts
1 tablespoon Ghee for moyan
Warm Water for making dough

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Make a well in maida/ all purpose flour and add moyan in it.
STEP 2 – Mix it and add warm water and make a soft dough with it.
STEP 3 – Cover the dough for about 10 minutes.
STEP 4 – Add sugar and water in a bowl and cook it. Make a 1 string sugar syrup in  a bowl and keep it aside.
STEP 5 – Crush / grate a mawa and mix chopped nuts in it.
STEP 6 – Make equal portion with the dough. Take one small portion and roll it in 4 “ diameter.
STEP 7 – Put 1 tablespoon mawa mixture in the centre.
Close the sides, make small folds while closing 
and make beautiful looking modak.

STEP 8 – Repeat the same and make all the modak.
You can also use the modak moul for making modak. [see notes]
STEP 9 – Heat oil in a wide pan. Deep fry the modak till light golden brown.
STEP 10- Remove excess oil by keeping them on a tissue paper or kitchen towel.
STEP 11 – After frying all modak, put them in a sugar syrup and boil for 2-3 minutes.
STEP 12 – After cooling, remove from sugar syrup and serve.

NOTES: * For making modak in mould, first put some dough in it and press it to the sides.

             * Fill it with stuffing and then close it from the bottom.
It needs some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment