_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 23 July 2019

MANGO KESARI

As this is a mango season, I am trying recipes with mangoes. Here I pureed the mango to make the job easier and add to the kesari. Also adjust sugar as per your taste buds. Mango Kesari or Halwa is a mouthwatering sweet that made with sooji/ rava , mangoes, sugar as main ingredients. You can serve it as a dessert or sweet. I love mangoes too much and also love to add mango flavour and make different desserts and sweets. In that way, I am going to make mango kesari today. I have already shared a different recipe for the same earlier on my blog.    

INGREDIENTS:
¼ Cup Rava
1/8  Cup Ghee
½ Cup + ¼ Cup Water
1 small Mango, chopped or pureed
½ teaspoon Cardamom
½ Cup Sugar
5 Cashews, sliced
6-7 strands of Saffron, soaked in 1 tablespoon milk
METHOD
STEP 1 – Heat half of the ghee in a pan. Add rava in it and mix well. 

Roast for  3-4 minutes on low flame until your house is full of nice aroma  and set aside.

STEP 2 – Take mango, sugar, saffron and cardamom in a mixer and blend it to a smooth paste. Measure and keep it aside. (It almost fills upto ¾ cup)

STEP 3 – Heat water in a pan.
When it comes to boil, add roasted rava and cook on low flame.

STEP 4 – Cook until it becomes soft and slightly dry.

STEP 5 – At this stage, add saffron milk and give a nice mix.
STEP 6 - Then add mango sugar paste. It now becomes gooey. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.

STEP 7 – Add remaining ghee (keeping aside for roasting cashews) and cook covered on low flame for 3 minutes.

STEP 8 – Fry cashews in ghee till golden brown and add to the kesari. [here I missed the picture] When it forms a mass and comes together, switch off the flame.

 Serve hot with slivered cashews on the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment