_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Sunday 28 February 2016

CORN FITTERS / CORN PAKODA

Corn pakoda is a regular snack made with corn karnels and few other ingredients . They can be shallow fried ,deep fried or baked. I always use blanched carnels for my fitters. Not required much preperations ,an easy recipe. As they are made with the besan or gram flour , they are gluten free. You can also make them with tinned corn but at my place we can get easily get the fresh corn ,so no problem . The pakoda can be made with sweet corn or regular corn . At my place ,the place the preferences are always for sweet corn. My daughters love the pakoda very much .  


INGREDIENTS;

1 Cup Corn Karnels
1 -2 Tbsp Gram Flour [ as per required ]
1 Onion
2-3 Green Chillies
1/4 Cup Red Pepper
1/4 Cup Green Capsicum
1 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Turmeric Powder
Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
A Pinch of Asafoetida
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
Chaat Masala [ as required ]
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
Coriander
Water
Oil for frying


METHOD:

STEP 1 - Boil the water with salt and blanch the karnels in it for 5 minutes and then drain the water. Let them cool.

STEP 2 - Chop all the veggies . In a bowl take all of them and mix with the besan.


STEP 3 - Now mix all the other ingredients listed above except oil in it.

STEP 4 - Add water and make a smooth flowing batter of medium consistency.
STEP 5 - Heat oil in a wide pan and drop spoonful of the batter in medium hot oil and fry the pakoda till golden brown and crispy.

STEP 6 - Drain extra oil on a kitchen towel and Serve.



                       


                   Serve with mint chutney ,mango chutney or tomato sauce.While serving sprinkle some chaat masala on the corn pakoda.

No comments:

Post a Comment