_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 27 December 2016

HOMAMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS



Today I am sharing the recipe of homemade tortillas with you all. These are thin Mexican style flour tortillas with chewy texture. I have been trying out recipes for homemade flour tortillas for quite some time now, but I’ve never been thrilled with any of them. As per my opinion tortillas are too soggy, too sticky, too dry, too complicated. But I am so so happy with this recipe and I love the results and I think you will try this too. These are the best ever homemade flour tortillas which are tender, soft and flavourful. The best part it you can store them in an air tight container in refrigerator for 5-10 days and reuse as per your need. It’s very easy and quick recipe just made in five minutes.[if not may be ten at the most]. Once you take the first taste, you’ll never want a pre-packaged tortillas again. So here is the step by step of homemade flour tortillas…enjoy cooking..!!!

  


INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups All-Purpose Flour

½ teaspoon Salt

½ Cup Makkai Flour [maize flour]

¾ Cup Water[as required]

3 tablespoon Olive Oil


METHOD:


STEP 1 -  In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough.
Let rest for 10 minutes

STEP 2 - Divide dough into eight portions.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7 inch circle.


STEP 3 - In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
Keep warm.

STEP 4 - You can store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container and use it further.


NOTES: * Shelf life of these tortillas is 5-6 days in refrigerator. Keep them in an zip-lock bag in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment