_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 13 April 2016

BASIC CHOCOLATE CAKE

I have already made chocolate cake few times before but this is egg less chocolate cake. The chocolate cake is soft, spongy , moist and had a lovely texture to it. I am not a trained baker but manage to bake cakes.....thanks to my daughters who loves to try and eat different things. Because of them only I am learning and trying different cakes and all. I used to make cakes with the scratch, I never buy any ready made mixes. This egg less chocolate cake is really really good. One of the best chocolate cake I have made at home. It was better than the chocolate cakes we get outside. I was searching for the simple egg less chocolate cake and google took me here. I wanted this cake to have a very homely look, because I was baking it for my daughter....who is crazy about homemade baked goodies.

INGREDIENTS:

1 and  1/2 Cups of all Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Cup Cold Milk
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon White Vinegar / Lemon Juice
A pinch of salt


METHOD:

STEP 1 - Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
STEP 2 - Mix the sugar with the milk, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Take care to use cold milk otherwise the vinegar will curdle.[ if you are unsure how it will go, then just use water]
 
STEP 3 - Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Sift this dry mixture into the wet ingredients in three batches, folding it in after each addition.
STEP 4 - Don't over mix at this stage, just gently fold in until you don't see any trace of the batter. A few small lumps in the batter are fine.
STEP 5 - Lightly grease the cake tin with oil or butter and place a butter paper in it. Grease the butter paper with oil and dust a little flour over it. Remove the extra flour.
STEP 6 - Pour the cake mix in the mould and bake it in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes. Depending upon the pan used, the baking time will vary. Mine took just over 25 minutes.
STEP 7 - Let the cake cool and transfer to a cooling rack or cutting board.
STEP 8 - Store the cooled and cut cake in an airtight container for upto 2 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.

Serve the homemade chocolate cake cut into desired size.


NOTE: Using the mixture of vinegar + baking soda - The reaction of vinegar with baking soda releases carbon di oxide and this aerates the batter which helps in leavening the cake, so tried making an eggless version of this chocolate cake using this reaction principle and it worked.

Recipe by Edible Garden at http://www.cookinandme.com/2012/08/eggless-chocolate-sponge-cake-eggless-recipes.html









No comments:

Post a Comment