_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 8 April 2016

WHOLE WHEAT POOR I/ FRIED PUFFED BREAD



The popular Indian deep fried and puffed bread made from whole wheat flour. Poori is always like a treat during my childhood days. When guests are coming for lunch, then pooris are always in the menu. But now a days, I am not making pooris as my hubby don’t like oily, deep fried but my daguhters love pooris, so once in a six month or occasionally I make them. Pooris are one of the most well-known and versatile of Indian foods. It can be served as a snack or a meal depending on the accompanying items.




INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 ½ Tablespoon Oil

Salt as per required

Water

Oil [for frying]

METHOD:

STEP 1 – Combine all the ingredients and knead into a dough   using water. Make the dough stiff. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.


STEP 2 – Knead it again and divide it into equal portions.

STEP 3 – Roll out the pooris with each portion.


STEP 4 – Heat the oil in a kadhai and add few pooris at a time. Fry them till golden brown in colour from both the sides.

         STEP 5 – Drain the extra oil on a kitchen towel and serve them hot.



                       Serve them hot with any curry, basundi or srikhand .

No comments:

Post a Comment