_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Thursday 21 December 2017

SITAPHAL ICECREAM / CUSTARD APPLE ICECREAM

One of the only fruits that I love but frustrates me is Sitaphal  or custard apple. So much jaw work and while the fruit is tasty, the ones with lots of seeds can leave you with a sore mouth. The seasons last few weeks and all over here at my place one can see vendors selling heaps of this fruits. While I love eating fruit fresh as they are , I am trying to use them in more ways that just bite into them. When you eat custard apple right out of the fridge, it does sometimes feel like ice cream, doesn’t it? Imagine making a proper ice cream out of it!!! Sitaphal  Icecream is one of the favourite flavour of ice cream of my hubby, so anyhow I want to make it specially for him. For that I figured out an easy way to remove the seeds from custard apple, and obtained the fine and smooth pulp from custard apple. Removing the seeds has been my most excited achievement this past week. This recipe is without churning  and results in creamy and delicious ice cream.  Custard Apple ice cream is a must-try when the fruit is in season. A combination of milk, cream and milk powder given this heavenly ice cream the perfect creaminess. So do try it once as custard apples are in season right now.


INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Milk [full fat]
½ Cup Powder Sugar
100 gms Cream [malai][I have used Amul low fat cream]
6 tablespoon Milk Powder
Pulp from 2-3 Custard Apple

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Take milk in the bowl and add milk powder in it and mix well so that it get combined with milk totally.

STEP 2 – Now mix custard apple pulp [see notes], sugar and cream in the milk mixture .

STEP 3 – Blend together with the help of the electric beater till  you get a smooth texture.

STEP 4 – Transfer the mixture into the container in which you want to set the ice cream and keep it in freezer for about 1 hour.

STEP 5 – Now remove the ice cream container from freezer and loosen it slightly.
STEP 6 – Then again whisk it well with the beater till smooth consistency.

STEP 7 – Now transfer the ice cream mixture in the container and set it for 4-5 hours.
Sitaphal Ice cream is ready to serve. Scoop it and serve it.



NOTES: I have shared “How to remove pulp from custard apple “separately in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment