_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Monday 23 May 2016

KHADI DAL / HYDRABADI KHADI MASOOR DAL



Khadi Dal or Khadi Masoor Dal or Red Gram recipe is a Hydrabadi special dish. Khadi Dal is made by giving an aromatic tempering and then cooking dal with lentils and spices. It is very easy, quick and tasty dish. This dak is usually prepared in almost every hydrabadi household as a morning breakfast dish. This is so easy to make and a must learn dish for the beginners to try it out as it require doesn’t any vegetable and this recipe can be made when we are short of fresh vegetables at home.
The photos are also quick shots that I took. Most of the food pics I take are always quick pics with minimal or no styling as my hubby is always waiting …I will have to keep him waiting more if I click photos lazily and keep on changing the styling and angles. They are just clicked in 2-3 minutes.


INGREDIENTS:
 1 Cup Masoor Dal
1 Tomato Chopped   
1 Onion Finely Chopped
2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
1-2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2-3 Green Chillis
Chopped Mint Leaves
Coriander Finely Chopped
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoon Oil

METHOD:
 STEP 1 – Wash the lentil and soak for at least half an hour.

STEP  2 – In a flat pan/ kadhai add oil at medium heat.

   STEP 3 – Then add onion and fry till they are slightly golden in colour.

  STEP 4 – Add ginger-garlic paste, fry for 1 minute. Then add tomato, red chilli powder, turmeric    powder, salt , green chillies and mix well, stir it till tomatoes get smooth and mushy.




STEP 5 – Add lentils, 1 cup water and add coriander and mint leaves, mix it well.

STEP 6 – Then cover the pan and let it cook until all the liquid evaporates, leave till done.

STEP 7 – Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves and serve hot.



Serve the ready hot khadi dal with chapatti or paratha.

No comments:

Post a Comment