_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Saturday 17 June 2017

STUFFED GREEN CHILLIES

It is an authentic snack recipe which is easy and tasty. Long green chilli stuffed with roasted chana dal spicy mixture and fried till it becomes crispy and crunchy. A mixture is freshly made and then stuffed in chillies. Stuffed chilli pakodas is a common view in India where vendors are selling delicious spicy snack at the street but these stuffed chillies are used as a side dish to your meal and not as snack. Mainly in North India, I have seen stuffed chilli peppers with chana dal and I had tried it earlier which really tasted deliciously good. As always, though my favorite activity of watching videos on Youtube, I came across this recipe. I am sure you are definitely going to try this dish.


INGREDIENTS:
6 Green Peppers
1 Cup Channa Dal
½ Cup Peanuts
1 Onion Chopped
2 inches Tamarind
2-3 Garlic Pods
2 Cloves
1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
½ tablespoon Turmeric Powder
½ tablespoon Coriander Powder
½ tablespoon Cumin Seeds
½ tablespoon Sesame Seeds
Salt as needed
Oil

METHOD:
STEP 1 – Heat a tablespoon of oil and add Channa dal, peanuts, Garlic pods, Tamarind, chopped Onion and all the other spices. Roast them lightly on a low flame.
STEP 2 – Grind the roasted mixture with added salt, Cumin seeds, Red chilli, Turmeric and Coriander powders.
STEP 3 – Now clean the pepper and make a slit in the middle of each pepper and stuff with the grind mixture.
STEP 4 – Heat oil in a deep pan and add the stuffed pepper and fry them. Turn on the sides fry on a high flame initially and then turn to low.

 STEP 5 - Keep them on a tissue paper or kitchen towel to drain excess oil and serve them.

Serve them hot as a side dish with your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment