_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Saturday 17 June 2017

RAWA IDLI / SAMOLINA IDLI

I have been wanting to try rawa idli for a while now. I had seen the rawa idli recipe some time back and the idlis were supposed to be instant. So I thought I will make rawa idli which is Instant Rawa Idli which is prepared with semolina and curd with veggies. This is one of my favourite idli recipe. South Indian cuisines are known for their variety of idli and dosa collection. I love this recipe because it is instant. For example, sometimes I feel lazy to soak, grind and ferment the idli batter. During those period, I go for instant breakfast recipes. Rawa idli gets made at home when we want some quick and easy idlis. As I love lidli and dosa anytime of a day, I never say no to the different idli varities. In this recipe you have to use veggies according to your choice. Just grate them and add it in the batter. If you are adding green peas then just boil the peas beforehand and also keep ready the grated veggies. So here is my Instant Rawa Idli recipe with step by step pictures.

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Semolina (rava)
1 Cup Curd
2 tablespoon Oil
½ tablespoon Mustard Seeds
½ tablespoon Cumin Seeds
1 tablespoon Split Bengal Gram (Chana dal)
2 Green Chillies
10 Cashew nuts, broken
Few strands of Curry Leaves
1 ½ tablespoon Fruit Salt
Salt to taste
Desiccated  Coconut[optional]

METHOD:
STEP 1 -  Heat the 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin and Bengal gram splits.
STEP 2 -  When seeds crackle add cashew nuts, curry leaves, green chili and mix well.
STEP 3 -  Add semolina (rava) and sauté for 5 minutes on low flame or till it becomes light brown.
STEP 4 - Remove semolina in bowl from pan and let it cool down.Add desiccated coconut, chopped coriander in it.
STEP 5 -  When it cools down, add curd, 1 ½ cup water, and salt and mix well.
(Add the water if needed to make it idli batter consistency).
STEP 6 -  Mixture is ready, cover the bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes.
STEP 7 - Put steamer on stove with sufficient water. And grease the idli mold with oil.
STEP 8 - In the mixture add fruit salt and whisk well
and pour the mixture in a greased idli mold.
STEP 9 -    Steam it for 10 minutes in the steamer.
STEP 10 -  Remove and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
 Serve hot idlis with coconut chutney and sambar and enjoy instant rawa idlis.


No comments:

Post a Comment