_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 8 September 2017

PLUM SQUASH

Today I have tried something interesting and for this my husband insisted and forced me laterally. Today I am going to share the recipe of Plum Squash which is an easy and quick recipe. Earlier I shared Lemonade recipe in my blog. I love lemonade but now this plum squash is also added in my favourite fruit drinks. It is very refreshing and the lemon added here do not overpower the taste of plum here.The ripe plums helped to reduce the amount of sugar since the fruit was sweet by itself. Here I added sprite in it to give a punch but you can have it plane with water. Taste was awesome both the way. So give a try once and enjoy the fresh plum squash, lime and soda or tequila.



INGREDIENTS:
250 gms Plum / Aloo Bukhara
100 gms Powder Sugar [according to your taste]
1 Glass Water
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder     
¼ teaspoon Roasted Cumin/ Jeera Powder
Salt a pinch
¼ teaspoon Black Salt
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
10-15 Mint Leaves[for the squash and for garnishing]
Ice cubes for serving

 METHOD:
STEP 1 – Wash the plum and pat dry.
Heat water in a bowl and add plums into it.
STEP 2 – Now cook them well till they becomes mushy and soft.
STEP 3 – Now remove them on a colander and strain the juice by mashing Plums. [you will get the outer covering and seeds get separated]
STEP 4 – Now add sugar in the juice and again cook it for 5-10 minutes.
STEP 5 – Add the cumin powder, black pepper powder, black salt, lemon juice and chopped mint leaves in it and give a nice stir. Now cool it and chill it.
STEP 6 – At the time of serving, garnish the rim of the glasses with red sugar powder, add ice cubes in glass as per your choice.
Pour the squash in the glasses and finally add soda / sprite in it.


STEP 7 – Again add some more ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment