_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Friday 26 February 2016

CARROT CAKE

I have tried many cakes ,but this is a very simple carrot cake which is quite simple to try. I layered it with meringue and chopped walnuts . I used walnuts for the topping also. As this is very easy recipe for moist carrot cake which is packed with carrots as well as the warm cinnamon spice flavour.  Hope you all love this simple carrot cake recipe.


¼  Cup Wheat Flour
¾ Cup All Purpose Flour  
½ Cup Grated Carrot [
¾ Cup Curd [ Take thick curd ]
 ¼ Cup Olive Oil
2 n ½ Tbsp Milk
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
¼ Tsp Vanilla Essence
¼ Tsp Cinnamon Powder [ Optional ]
½  Tsp Baking Powder
½  Tsp Baking Soda
¼ Tsp Salt
Walnut ,Chopped [ Optional ]    


METHOD:

STEP 1 – Grate the carrot finely and keep aside.
STEP 2 – Sieve the flours and add baking powder, baking soda and salt to it and mix it.
STEP 3 – In another mixing bowl ,take curd ,sugar ,milk and olive oil and blend it with the blender till the sugar get completely dissolved in it.
STEP 4 – Then add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence and give a quick stir . Finally fold the carrot in it followed by wheat.
STEP 5 – Whisk well to form a smooth creamy mixture / batter. You can add walnuts at this stage in the batter.
STEP 6 – Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes . Add the cake mix in the greased cake pan .Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes on 180 degrees or until the toothpick comes out clean.
        


       Serve hot ,healthy carrot cake sliced one .

No comments:

Post a Comment