_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 23 February 2016

METHI PARATHA

Methi paratha is a healthy breakfast made with whole wheat flour, fenugreek / methi leaves and some spices. I used to make them on regular basis as my elder daughter love the parathas. Very easy to make and healthy too . I am going to share one other stuffed methi paratha with it which is my younger ones favourite. As I love methi, I used to add good amount of methi in my parathas . But you can reduce the quantity as per your liking. The paratha itself is really flavourful and delicious that you can have it in your breakfast , brunch or dinner with dahi [yogurt ] or any pickle or simply with tomato sauce.    


INGREDIENTS: 

SIMPLE PARATHA:
3 Cups Wheat Flour
1 Cup Besan  [ Gram Flour]
2 Cups Methi Leaves Finely Chopped
2 Tbsp Coriander Chopped
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Garlic Paste
Turmeric
Red Chilli Powder
Sesame Seeds
Salt
Water
Butter / Clarified Butter or Oil for Roasting the parathas


METHOD:
STEP 1 – Wash , drain water and chop methi very fine.
STEP 2 – Take the flour in the plate, add spices in it.

STEP 3 - Then add chopped methi and knead the dough with all ingredients given above.
STEP 4 – Make small portions of the dough .
Take one small portion  from the dough and roll the parathas .
STEP 5 – Roast the paratha on the non-stick tawa with butter .


STEP 6 – Like this make all the parathas and serve them to your family .
2.   

S
STUFFED PARATHA:
My daughter likes the methi paratha this way. So sharing this recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups Wheat Flour
 1 Tbsp Besan [ As per required]
1 Tsp Garlic Paste
1 Cup Chopped Methi
Cumin –Mustard Seeds
Red Chilli Powder
Turmeric
Salt
Water


METHOD:
STEP 1 – You have to make the simple soft dough with the flour, water and salt first like the chapatti dough.
STEP 2 – For stuffing , take a pan with oil, crackle cumin -mustard and add garlic paste and sauté it .
STEP 3 – Immediately add chopped methi in it and roast it for 2-3 minutes .
STEP 4 – Add the spices in it and again saute for a minute . Now add the 1 tbsp besan flour in it and mix it well.
STEP 5 – You have to cook the besan properly , just sprinkle a little water over it . Cook for next 1 minute and your stuffing is ready.
STEP 6 – Now take a small portion of the dough

and stuff the methi stuffing in it
and roll the paratha.
STEP 7 – Roast it on the non-stick tawa with butter
and serve it hot .

      
        Serve the parathas hot with dahi ,any tangy chutney ,your favourite pickle or simply with tomato sauce.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment