_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 15 March 2016

MULTI-GRAIN CHEELA


It is an instant, easy, crispy and perfect recipe to accompany your tea or for a breakfast on lazy weekend morning. Here I am sharing a multi-grain cheela recipe but you can make it with only one type of flour. In my preparation I used different veggies too ,to make the cheela more healthy. this is nothing but a simple pancake which satisfy your rumbling appetite and demanding taste buds. With multi –grain flours I used spinach, tomato,onion and lot of chopped coriander in my recipe. You may enjoy it with meethi chutney, spicy chutney ,wet garlic chutney. The cheela comes out best when generously roasted with oil . You can make variations as per your likings. Hope you like it ,if yes then share a comment below.


INGREDIENTS:

 1 Cup Wheat flour

½ Cup Besan [ gram flour ]

½  Cup Millet Flour [ jowar flour]

½ Cup Bajra Flour

Water [ as needed]

Carom Seeds

Sesame Seeds

Turmeric Powder

Red Chilly Powder

Salt

1 Onion Finely Sliced

4-5 Spinach Leaves

1 Tomato
1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander

 1 Small Sized Capsicum

  Oil



METHOD:

STEP 1 – Mix all the flours mentioned above.

STEP 2 – Add spices as well as finely chopped veggies to it .

STEP 3 – Mix all this using water to prepare a batter in thick consistency. Make sure that no lumps are there. Batter should be the consistency of dosa batter / pancake batter.




STEP 4 – Take the non-stick pan , heat it and put a teaspoon oil , now pour the batter with a serving spoon in the centre of skillet and spread evenly and quickly with the back of a serving spoon.


STEP 5 – While spreading the mixture go in outward direction until it is evenly spread in to 5-6 “ circle.

STEP 6 – Sprinkle some oil over the top surface of cheela , after 2 minutes just flip the cheela and cook from the other side.

 STEP 7 – With the spatula press the cheela lightly in circular motion to cook it evenly and become crispy.

STEP 8 – In about 5-6 minutes it becomes golden brown ,it means it is ready to remove from the skillet .

STEP 9 – Before starting for the next ,clean the skillet and then repeat the same with the rest of the batter. Serve them hot.


        Serve the cheela hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.




NOTE: I prefer to make the cheela on cast iron thick skillet.  It makes them more crispy.

Here I used different types of flour but you can use only wheat/ besan flour .


        You can use rice flour with the others .
[ I prefer to do on cast iron thick skillet]

No comments:

Post a Comment