_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Tuesday 15 March 2016

PIGEON PEAS CURRY / TUVAR AMTI


  This recipe is very famous recipe at my place. Basically this is recipe comes from the rural villages. In winters almost at every house in our village you can find this curry/ amti for lunch or dinner. In winter, fresh tuvar pods are available in the fields.
So bring it while returning from the farms, remove the peas in it and make a amt. This is almost everydays fixed amti in winters at my In-laws place. We can make chutney or kachori also with this peas of which recipes also I have shared in my blog. Hope you like it and want to give a try for ones.




INGREDIENTS :

 1 Cup Pigeon Peas

4-5 Green Chillis

5-6 Garlic Cloves

Coriander

1 Tsp Mustard Seeds

1 Tsp Cumin Seeds

Oil

Salt

Water


METHOD:

STEP 1- First wash the peas and green chillies. Pat them dry.

STEP 2 – Roast peas and green chillies with little oil on the tava.

STEP 3 – Remove from the skillet and let it cool.

STEP 4 – Now add cumin seeds, coriander and salt in it.

STEP 5 - In a mixer pot and blend it smooth. Add ½ cup of water while blending.

STEP 6 – Take a deep pan, add oil and heat it . Add mustard-cumin seeds and let them crackle.

 STEP 7 - After that add the peas mixture to it.



STEP 8 – Add more water as per your liking consistency.
Cook it up till one boil and your pigeon peas amti is ready to serve.

Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapatti / bhakri.

No comments:

Post a Comment