_________________I am Mrs. Kalpana Mhaske, a Home-Maker, from the city of 52-Gates, one of the famous heritage- destination of the world- Ajanta - Ellora Caves, Bibi-Ka- Maqbara (The Taj of Deccan) and Deogiri Fort. i.e. AURANGABAD. I admire cooking - tryout and innovate different cuisines. Basically, both of my gorgeous daughters are foodie, they have always encouraged me in the kitchen and forced to carve a Food Blog, that’s why, I am happy to share the makings with you. I am an artist too. Painting – especially, Canvas-Painting is my one more hobby. In total - Ours is an ART-FAMILY, my husband is an Architect. In the end, I keep the same belief with Louise Fresco - “ Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It's not about nutrients and calories. It's about sharing. It’s about honesty. it’s about identity ”

Wednesday 18 January 2017

NEER DOSA



  Neer dosa is a light, soft, lacey and delicious dosas from Karnataka. The beauty in the preparation of Neer Dosa is its simplicity in the use of ingredients, which is mainly rice and can be quickly made. It is almost like making instant dosas, as they require no fermentation. So, you can have it whenever you are in a mood for it. This is a dish made out of rice and is unique to the region of South Karnataka and Udipi District. Neer dosa is a very popular breakfast fare, which literally means ‘water crepe’ since the batter is of flowing watery consistency. Today I am sharing the recipe which is shared by dear friend Manish, who is very fond of cooking and can say very well connected with South Indian Food. His love for neer dosa, appams, idiappams, etc made me excited. So tried his recipe and it came out superb. I am happy with my first trial. Infact he is also happy and impressed with my first make. So dedicate this recipe to Manish…thank u for the recipe. When you want to make dosa during winters when fermentation is an issue, this recipe of Neer Dosa works really well. He suggested me to serve it with Manglorean Kori and I must say it goes well with it. The texture is smooth and very soft, it melts in your mouth. Even kids enjoy this Neer Dosa. They look like these cute folded lace handkerchiefs. So here is my Neer Dosa recipe served with Kori chicken Gravy.


INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups Rice-soaked for 2 hours
2 tablespoon Grated Coconut
2 tablespoon Leftover Rice
Water
 Salt
1 tablespoon Oil

METHOD:

STEP 1 - Wash and soak rice for 2-4 hours or overnight is better.

STEP 2 - Now drain all the water and grind the rice along with the grated coconut and leftover rice and salt into very smooth paste adding water little by little.

STEP 3 - Make a thin watery dosa batter.

STEP 4 - Then heat an iron tava to make soft thin dosa.

STEP 5 – Pour a ladle full batter on tava and add few drops of oil around. Cover and cook.

STEP 6 -  Don’t turn the dosa. Cook it from one side only. When done remove from tava and serve.


Serve ready neer dosa with Manglorean Chicken curry or coconut chutney and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment